Melcher & Prescott’s Individual Heath Insurance Exchange
Options for New Hampshire Individuals
Regardless of your current coverage everyone is advised to reevaluate their plan as there may now be options that better suit your needs.
Pricing is the same whether you go direct, use the exchange or get advice from our knowledgeable advisors.
Penalties for not having health insurance in 2016…
- 2.5% of your yearly household income (Only the amount of income above the tax filing threshold, about $10,150 for an individual in 2014, is used to calculate the penalty.) The maximum penalty is the national average premium for a Bronze plan.
- $695 per person ($347.50 per child under 18) The maximum penalty per family using this method is $2,085.
Important dates for 2018 enrollment
- November 1, 2017: Open Enrollment starts — first day you can enroll in a 2018 insurance plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace. Coverage can start as soon as January 1, 2018.
- December 15, 2017: Open Enrollment ends. After December 15, you can still buy a health plan if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
- January 1, 2018: 2018 coverage starts for those who enroll or change plans by December 15.