Melcher & Prescott teams with top rated insurance carriers to provide flexible and comprehensive insurance programs for long term care facilities.
Like your residents, your facility, employees and operations need regular attention and care to ensure long-term health. One important way to help protect the health of your facility is to have the right insurance coverage. Let our knowledgeable insurance advisors tailor a risk management program for you.
Overview of Coverage*
- Property Protection – All of your facilities, equipment, and business personal property.
- Professional and General Liability Protection – Third-party lawsuits alleging damages from the action of your employees or operations.
- Workers Compensation Protection – Your employees in the event of a work-related injury.
- Commercial Auto Coverage – Protect any business transportation vehicles owned and operated by your facility.
- Umbrella Coverage – Additional protection in the event of a catastrophic loss.
Explore Additional Coverage Options
Building laws safeguard coverage (ordinance or law coverage). Provides coverage for the necessary demolition of the undamaged portion of your building and subsequent upgrades to meet current building codes after a covered loss.
Inflation guard coverage. Provides coverage for inflationary increases in your building and business personal property values. The limit of insurance on your policy automatically increases at the annual percentage rate you choose.
Equipment breakdown coverage. Provides coverage for loss resulting from the sudden and accidental breakdown of machinery and equipment used in your business.
Utility services. Provides coverage when a covered loss to a power, communication or water utility interrupts service to your premises, which then causes a covered loss to your building, business personal property or loss of income.
Crisis Event Coverage. Provides expenses you may incur from a crisis event at your premises that threatens people, property, or your ability to resume regular business operations.
Data Compromise and Identity Recovery Expense Coverage
When added to your property policy this helps you to safeguard your business and comply with privacy laws before, during and after a data or identity breach – potentially costly and time consuming events.
Data compromise expense coverage helps you to respond to a breach of the personally identifying information of customers, clients or your employees. You also receive access to services that help you protect your company’s good name, including:
- Ongoing breach preparation tools and services
- Help with assessing a breach and responding appropriately
- Assistance with required notifications to affected people, credit bureau or government offices-support from a fraud specialist to assist affected individuals in resolving an identity fraud incident
Identity recovery expense coverage helps individual stakeholders, such as individual business owners, majority owners or a chief executive, to respond to a potential or actual identity theft event, including:
- Reimbursement for covered expenses
- Case management services
- Access to a toll-free help line for questions about responding to identity theft or account takeover