Melcher & Prescott’s Individual Heath Insurance Exchange
Options for New Hampshire Individuals
Regardless of your current coverage everyone is advised to reevaluate their plan as there may now be options that better suit your needs.
Pricing is the same whether you go direct, use the exchange or get advice from our knowledgeable advisors.
Penalties for not having health insurance in 2016…
2.5% of your yearly household income (Only the amount of income above the tax filing threshold, about $10,150 for an individual in 2014, is used to calculate the penalty.) The maximum penalty is the national average premium for a Bronze plan.
$695 per person ($347.50 per child under 18) The maximum penalty per family using this method is $2,085.
Important dates for 2017 enrollment
- November 1, 2016: Open Enrollment starts — first day you can enroll in a 2016 insurance plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace. Coverage can start as soon as January 1, 2016.
- December 15, 2016: Last day to enroll in or change plans for new coverage to start January 1, 2016.
- January 1, 2017: 2017 coverage starts for those who enroll or change plans by December 15.
- January 31, 2016: 2016 Open Enrollment ends. Enrollments or changes between January 16 and January 31 take effect March 1, 2017.
- After January 31, 2017: You can still buy a health plan if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
- Learn more about life changes that qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.