I have to cancel my non-refundable trip?
You might be able to Recover Some of Your Losses
Travel insurance allows you to relax and enjoy your trip. Consider obtaining travel insurance that will offer medical coverage, travel protection, and baggage protection. Travel insurance offers you peace of mind by protecting you from the unexpected and worry of losing financial investment in a trip.
You’ve dreamed of this trip for months or years, but life can be extremely unpredictable. Anything from terrible weather to a family emergency can ruin all of your careful planning and bring your trip to an end before it even begins. In addition, what happens if you fall ill while you’re away from home? Will you have the medical expense coverage you need? Will you lose the money you invested if your trip gets cut short? With Travel Insurance you can worry a lot less.
- Coverage for trip cancellation – Be reimbursed up to 100% of the money you invested in your trip.
- Coverage for trip interruption – Recover up to 150% of your trip costs depending on the coverage you choose.
- 24-hour access to emergency assistance services – so no matter where you are, you have help when you need it.
Without the right insurance plan or assistance provider, a medical emergency away from home can leave you stranded without access to adequate medical care or can be very costly.
Helpful resource: Travel Insurance Checklist: The Essentials You Must Have
Real Examples of Travel Insurance Benefits
A couple’s grandchild was born early, with serious medical complications, and was placed in intensive care. How Travel Insurance helped:
- Though anticipating their upcoming trip, the couple chose to cancel and remain with their family members.
- The couple had purchased a plan including trip cancellation insurance, and were reimbursed for 100% of their loss of prepaid travel arrangements.
An 85-year old woman was on an educational tour of the U.K. when she fell at the train station, fracturing her elbow. How Travel Insurance helped:
Surgery could not be performed immediately after the accident, so the patient decided to have the procedure at home.
An Assistance company arranged for wheelchair assistance at the airport and for Business Class tickets for her and her daughter, as a non-medical escort, to fly home to Wisconsin.
An American traveler suffered a presumed appendicitis attack in Uzbekistan. How Travel Insurance helped:
Facilities were below western standards, lacking many essential supplies and sterile equipment. A non-disposable needle was used to draw the patient’s blood. When the assistance company’s doctor asked if the attending doctor had sterile equipment, he answered, “It looks sterile”.
The assistance provider evacuated the traveler by air ambulance with medical escort to Helsinki, Finland where emergency surgery was performed.